Monday, March 15, 2010

A Day No Pigs Would Die Reflection

I think that the story, A Day No Pigs Would Die by Robert Newton Peck has many different moral lessons. One of these moral lessons that I had picked up on was that at any given time you may have to grow up or mature. The example used in this story is when his father dies and young Rob has to mature and run the family farm. I think that this is a great example and that it represents an event in life that we will all have to go through. Another thing that I have learned from this novel is that change is an ever-occurring event that can be for the better or for the worst. The example of Rob’s father dying and him having to take responsibility for the farm can arguably be for better or for worst in my mind. Yes, it’s better because it has given Rob a sense of responsibility and has learned a few lessons. But it may also be a bad thing considering his father was a great teacher, mentor, and role model to Rob. Then again he could teach and mentor as much as he would have liked but he knew that Rob needed to do it all on his own at some point. That’s the biggest lesson I got out of this story, but I’m sure there’s more.

1 comment: